- Above Grade Test Stations
- Flush Mount (At Grade) Test Stations
- Remote Test Station Monitors
- Utility & Line Marking Products
- Portable Reference Electrodes
- Permanent Electrodes for Underground
- Permanent Electrodes for Water
- Specialty Electrodes
- Contact Eliminator Casings
- Reference Electrode Tester
- Reference Electrode Accessories
- Liquid Epoxies
- Tape Wrap Coatings
- Heat Shrink
- Petrolatum & Wax Tapes
- Mastic Coatings
- Moisture Sealing Products
- Insulation Coatings
- Coating Accessories
- Pipeline Fittings, Unions & Joints
- Gaskets & Flange Isolation
- FRP Products
- I-Rod Pipe Supports
- Reference Electrode Tester
- Potential Meters
- Digital Multimeters – General
- CP Multimeters
- Clamp-On Type Meters
- Soil Resistance Equipment
- Isolation Testers
- Power Supplies
- Holiday Detectors / Short Locators
- Data Loggers
- Survey Equipment
- Reels, Canes & Equipment
- Pipe & Cable Locators
- Dry Coating Thickness Gauges
- Wet Coating Thickness Gauges
- Material Thickness Gauge
- Pit Depth Gauges
- Coating Inspection
- Surface & Contamination Testers
- Temperature & Humidity Instruments
- Adhesion Testers
- Voltage Detectors
- CP Safety
- Home >
- Stationary Reference Electrode, IR Free, Model STELTH 7, by Borin
- Minimum 20-year service life.
- 28 square inches of sensing surface area gives 9 to 35 times more surface areas than other electrodes. This makes electrode positioning less critical to achieve accurate readings.
- Will not dry out in desert dry soil, a condition that renders other electrodes ineffective. Cyclical variations in soil conditions, ranging from hydrated to dehydrated, have no adverse effect on the Stelth2 electrode.
- Will not be destroyed by absolute dry soil conditions. It will only lie dormant until moisture returns. Electric Mud tm backfill will keep Stelth2 in a moisture environment which keeps it continuously active.
- Electrode may be taken out of service for extended periods of time and reintroduced into the system without affecting electrode accuracy or ability to reactivate. Electrode will fire up in under 5 minutes.
- Technologically advanced chloride ion trap prevents chloride contamination of electrolyte.
- Available in three models: Cu-CuSO4, Ag-AgCl, Zn-ZnSO4.
- Color coding matches industry standards. Electrode and wire are both color coded for quick and easy remote identification of electrode chemistry.
- Fully compatible in a gelatin backfill environment such as Electric Mud tm.
- Stability: 10 millivolts with 3 microamp load.
- Temperature Range: +32oF to +135oF (0oC to 57.2oC)
- Complete installation instructions included.
An IR Free Potential is a potential measured at the exact point where the surface of the structure meets the surrounding environment. A potential measurement at this point is not distorted by the soil resistance between reference electrode and the structure's surface.
IR-Free Stationary Reference Probe
The "Stelth7" IR-Free reference probe is designed to provide an IR Free Potential reading that is as close as theoretically possible to that point where the structure and environment meet. This is achieved by combining into a "PROBE" the proven Stelth technology and a precision mild steel coupon which, when placed in the same soil conditions as the structure, will be exposed to the identical forces acting upon this structure's flaws or holidays (exposed areas) such as the cathodic protection system, stray currents and environmental conditions.
How to set-up and measure with the "Stelth 7" probe
The "Stelth7" probe is connected to your structure through a test station. Two wires are connected to the structure and are brought into the test station and connected to terminals four and five. Two wires connected to the steel coupon in the probe are brought into the test station and connected to terminals one and two. The third wire connected to the reference electrode in the probe is brought into the test station and connected to terminal three. A shunt is placed across terminals one and four Your potential reading is taken across terminals two and three.
- SRE-022-CIY: Cu-CuSO4
- SRE-023-SIB: Ag-AgCl
- SRE-024-ZIR: Zn-ZnSO4